Pay Per Hour – $14-$16
Are you an avid animal lover? Do you love caring for animals and providing great customer service? If the answer is yes, we’ve been searching for you!!
Westonka Veterinary Hospital in Mound and Lake Minnetonka Pet Wellness Center in Wayzata are looking for a dedicated Veterinary Assistant to join our team. Previous experience is wonderful. We are also very willing to train the right individual.
Our Veterinary Assistants play an important role supporting our Veterinary Technicians and Doctors. You will be a team member of a small animal hospital that is committed to dogs and cats having a stress-free experience with us. We have Fear Free professionals on staff and our hospital has been designated a Cat Friendly Practice. Our hospitals are committed to a respectful and supportive culture where our Assistants are encouraged to grow and improve.
We do hold weekly team meetings on Wednesday mornings from 8am-10am. Meeting attendance is mandatory for this position. Only applicants with availability during these times will be considered.
Our ideal candidate will have these qualities:
- People oriented, gentle with pets, comfortable working in a fast paced environment, works well independently or with a team and communicates effectively with coworkers for an optimal workplace
- Competitive wages based on experience/education
- PTO – Vacation pay
- Holiday pay for 6 major holidays
- Health, Dental, Life, STD, accident, FSA Insurance
- IRA w/3% match
- Uniform Allowance,
- Paid CE and CE PTO Allowance
- Tuition reimbursement is available
If you don’t have previous professional experience working with animals, please provide a cover letter with details about your personal experience with pets or any other relevant information for consideration.