Cat Friendly Practice
WESTONKA ANIMAL HOSPITAL IS A CAT-FRIENDLY PRACTICE!
Westonka Animal Hospital is a Gold-Standard Feline-Friendly Practice. This means our hospitals have a lower-stress environment for cats. Lower stress makes visits easier for both you and your cat. To achieve this standard, we must meet specific criteria to become a Gold-Standard Cat-Friendly Practice®.
Follow the link more information about Cat-Friendly Practice®.
We have taken extra steps to provide the best care and experience for you and your cat, including:
- We have a separate feline only waiting room, free of excessive noise and other pets
- Cat only exam room
- Special staff training to provide safe and stress-free care for cats
- Special training in feline-friendly handling. Physical exams are performed in a manner and location where they are least stressful to your cat (floor, bench, bottom of carrier, table, or veterinarian’s lap)
- Feline-specific educational materials and consultations on feline specific issues: nutrition, behavior, environmental enrichment
You can expect our veterinarians and veterinary staff to:
- Understand the unique needs and behaviors of cats.
- Have a feline-friendly environment
- Make veterinary visits more cat-friendly and stress-free.
- Understand how to approach and handle cats in a gentle, empathetic, and caring manner.
- Have the appropriate equipment and facilities needed to diagnose and treat feline patients.
You can say we are an animal hospital with veterinarians and veterinary team who understand cats! Call us today to schedule a wellness exam for your cat.