PLEASE SEE BELOW PHOTO FOR INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19
Welcome to Westonka Animal Hospital
Your Veterinarians in Mound, Mn
Call us at 952-472-4900
Dear Westonka Animal Hospital / Lake Minnetonka Pet Wellness Clients, With the news of the pandemic COVID-19 spreading, we believe that it is our duty as a part of this community, to help flatten the curve by limiting the exposure of our clients along with our staff. We have already made modifications to our hospital policies and procedures. We are reassessing our policies and hospital hours daily as this global situation is evolving. Please contact us to find out more about our current hospital hours and examination procedures. We are recommending that all clients download the PetPro Connect App on a Smartphone. This application allows you to send pictures and messages to us, request appointments, request prescription refills and provides a method to complete video consults. To download this app, scroll to the bottom of the Home Page at www.tonka.vet. You must use the contact name and email address of who we have on file in our system in order to properly connect with us.
Currently, we are implementing the following measures:
· We are trying to minimize the number of people in both of our clinics. We ask that you please contact us from the parking lot when you arrive, before entering the building. The number of phone calls coming into the clinics are higher than average, so if you have the PetPro Connect app, please message us when you arrive, rather than calling.
· All payments will be taken over the phone via credit card. You can securely add a stored card ahead of time to your pet’s account by calling us. This will store your credit card for future use.
· If you are picking up medications or food from either location, we ask that you pay for these items over the phone. When you arrive for pick up, please call or message us that you are here and a staff member will carry the items out to you. We are encouraging the use of our online pharmacy or other online delivery methods for you to receive your pet's medications and food. Please contact us for further questions and guidance on where to order your pet's medications and/or prescription food.
· For scheduled appointments, if you have the PetPro Connect downloaded, please message us through this app when you arrive in our parking lot. A staff member will then contact you on where to meet to exchange your pet. Your pet will be escorted in the building and a staff member will initiate the PetPro connect video feature and move forward with the examination as normal. You will simply wait in your car while we take care of everything!
· For scheduled appointments, without the PetPro Connect downloaded, please call us to let us know when you have arrived in our parking lot. There may be times where FaceTime or use of a cell phone for verbal communication may be used throughout the appointment. However, there may be times where the appointment is completed and a staff member will call you after to walk you through the findings and what was completed, etc.
· Telemedicine: This term is referring to a 100% virtual appointment, where the entire examination and consult would be performed through video. Minnesota law requires a current Veterinary-Client-Patient-Relationship for telemedicine consults. This means we have to have seen your pet before, within the past 12 months, to do this kind of examination. So, although not all appointments can be fulfilled through this method, we are able to use our PetPro Connect app to complete these types of appointments. If you are at home sick or quarantined and your pet needs a doctor’s examination, we may be able to complete this without your pet leaving your home. Please contact us to determine if this is a type of appointment that we can do for you and your pet!
It is our goal to adapt to the current situation so that we can best serve our patients and clients while following the recommendations of social-distancing and enhanced hygiene practices from the CDC. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Pet Emergency? Call us right away at 952-472-4900
If you live in Mound or the surrounding area and need a trusted veterinarian to care for your pets – look no further. Dr. Jackie Piepkorn, Dr. Craig Piepkorn, Dr. Andy Collins and Dr. Shane Smith are licensed Minnesota veterinarians. Your pets’ health and well being are very important to us, and we take every possible measure to give your animals the care they deserve.
Westonka Animal Hospital is a full-service animal hospital and welcomes pet patients in need of routine medical, surgical, and dental care. Beyond first-rate pet care, we make our clinic comfortable, kid-friendly, and calm, so your pet can relax in the waiting room and look forward to meeting our veterinarians.
We are happy to offer a number of resources that enable you to learn about how to take better care of your pets. Please feel free to browse our site, particularly the informational articles. The best veterinary care for animals is ongoing nutrition and problem prevention, so becoming knowledgeable about preventative pet care is essential to the ongoing success of your animal’s health. If you have any questions, call 952-472-4900 or email us and we'll promptly get back to you. Our veterinarian office is very easy to get to -- just check out the map below!
At Westonka Animal Hospital, we treat your pets like the valued family members they are.